[Trlog] Auto CQ in SSB and 23 cms Frequency display

G0MIC at aol.com G0MIC at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 03:48:01 EST 2004

I was testing my setup for our next VHF field day in last weekends 23cm
contest using V6.79 hooked up to my TS2000 and came across 2 problems.
I have the function keys set up to operate the voice keyer and wanted to  use
the auto repeat function to call CQ interminably as one does on 23cms  only
to find it does not work.  I seem to remember this working in the past
(certainly with the DVP) and I went back to 6.73 as I have that onboard but  to no
avail.  The Function keys key the rig OK  and the auto CQ works  in CW mode.
Have I missed something or has this never worked or has it been  taken out?
The frquency display works fine up to 70cms but disappears on 23 cms. I  seem
to recall that there is a problem due to space on the screen over  displaying
the extra digit.  Unfortunately this field is read by my blind  co-operators
braille reader software and then displayed back on the braille  keyboard so
that he knows what frequency he is on.  If it is not possible  to display the
whole GHz units can we have just the rest displayed please?   I have tried using
the frequency adder command  (= -1000000000) and that  displays the
(residual) frequency OK but does not allow you to switch to 2  metres for talkback. Are
there any alternatives I have missed?
Malcolm
G0MIC