[Trlog] Mac equivalent of WinTelnetX

Anthony Rodgers arodgers at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 13:45:37 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has come across a piece of software for the
Mac that will allow a Telnet connection to be made on Ethernet and the
resultant stream redirected out to a serial port for delivery to
another computer.

There are a couple available for PC - K1TTT's excellent WinTelNetX
(http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#wintelnetx) being one and TCPToSer
(http://www.tcptoser.de/) being another. The object, of course, is to
provide packet spots from the Internet to logging programs, like TRLog,
that only accept data on a serial port. I have only 1 PC in my shack,
and it runs TRLog in DOS.

I have trawled the Internet to no avail and can't believe it hasn't
been done for the Mac - perhaps, as in so many other things, it's built
in and I just haven't found it yet.

Anyone?

73 de VA7IRL,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Email: VA7IRL at rac.ca
iChat/AIM/MSN ID: arodgers at mac.com

"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born
and some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." -
George Carlin