[Trlog] TNC Suggestions

Tony AI9X ai9x at arrl.net
Sun Apr 25 19:57:26 EDT 2004

I am interested in buying a TNC to use RTTY with TRLog. Does anyone have
opinions good/bad on the Kantronics KAM XL, or any other ideas? The rig
has FSK so I'd prefer that.

I have run Soundcard based programs (MMTTY), but now that I am using
DOS/Linux it doesn't seem to work. I really have had no luck with
Windows either on this machine - 95 doesn't like the video card, and 98
keeps losing the serial port connection to the rig. My old 486 worked ok
with 95, but is too slow for MMTTY. On this K6-450, I have a dedicated
DOS 6.21 partition for TR and SuSE 9.0 is loaded on the rest of the disk
so I can use email, web, etc (virus-free also).

TR works within Dosemu, but I still new at the sound setups. Running in
clean DOS is the best still.

Thanks,
Tony