[Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ (fwd)

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Jan 8 19:12:42 EST 2004

At 05:04 PM 1/8/04 -0800, you wrote:
>I have found the same problem, even with the same number of ^F and ^S so
>I have given up trying to change the speed of parts of the message.
>
>If any of you are able to use this speed change technique successfully,
>how about posting the contents of the message memory so I can see if it
>works for me.
>
>One thing I would really like to be able to do is have a message which
>sends CQ at my normal speed but sends my call slower for when cndx are
>difficult or I want to attract callers who (as I used to) have
>difficulty with typical contest speeds.

I just love it when "Great Minds Think Alike".  Now you know why I've been
experimenting with this :-)

>I think there's more to this than balancing ^F and ^S

And you are exactly right as I have discovered through trial & error.

Unless I copied the wrong .cfg, here is what I finally got partly working
(subject to change as I play/work with it some more in the Simulator):

CQ MEMORY F1 = CQTEST \ \ TEST
CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ CQTEST \ \ TEST

Awwww, crap...this is not copying & pasting correctly I can see.

OK... I will stick an "X" for the default WPM speed-up and a "Y" for the
speed-down CTRL character:

CQ MEMORY F1 = XXCQTESTY \  \ XXXTESTYYYYY<---NOTE: 5 speed-ups but 6
speed-downs!!!
CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ CQTEST \ \  XXTESTYY              <---This one has same
XX & YY but I'm not done yet

Give it a go, Matey.

73...

Rick, K6VVA