[Trlog] Getting back on the air

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jan 27 13:52:20 EST 2004

At 10:39 AM 1/27/04 -0800, Fred Jensen wrote:
>I tried it all out in the Jan NAQP SSB after carefully planning and
>recording all the messages.  The only one I ended up using was the CQ.
>I could question the whole effort since I'm not fond of phone contests
>in the first place, but I learned a few things and ended up with some
>really cool sound editing software on the Windoze machine.  YMMV
>
>SBDVP does work very well and is a neat little piece of software.

One thing that isn't well documented is that SBDVP integrates very well
with TR.  This means, for example, that it's not just for CQ-ing.  Type in
someone's callsign, voice the callsign and hit [enter] and it will send the
rest of the exchange.  Copy your exchange and hit [enter} again and it
sends your QRZ message.  In S&P, in a contest that doesn't use serial
numbers, it's quite possible to have many QSOs without EVER having to voice
anything yourself.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm