[Trlog] Sprint mode question

Ken Beals k6mr at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 28 23:29:09 EDT 2004

I've been playing with TR's Sprint mode in the Thursday night NCCC NS
sprint practice.  If you haven't participated, it uses basically the
Internet Sprint rules (#, previous name, QTH).  I'm thinking I've got
something set wrong.

If I am in CQ mode:  enter a call, press <enter>.  Exchange gets sent,
cursor moves to exchange window.  But, the menu keys switch over to S&P
mode as soon as I do this.  So, if he asks for a repeat, I can't use the
CQ keys, I have to use a F key from the S&P mode.  At the moment I've
programmed some Alt keys that give me the same results for both modes.
Although it's kinda complex since you have to send either the previous
name or the previous-previous name, depending on whether the contact has
been logged or not.  This also happens in S&P mode, although I guess it
is intended since once you log the contact you really are "done", and TR
has switched to CQ mode, not knowing the guy was going to ask for a repeat.

I do find just using the F keys directly to do the exchanges does not
switch modes until I hit the final enter.  Is that the best way to run
this type of  Sprint?

tnx for any enlightenment.

Ken K6MR