[Trlog] Resyncing logs in a multi-multi setup

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Mon Jun 14 01:46:33 EDT 2004

As soon as the crashed computer is ready for operation we get the copy
of the log onto a diskette from one of the running computers and copy
it into the  computer that had failed. Takes just one minute and logs
are sincronized. That is only requierd if the computer was out of
service for long enough. If we talk about only few qso missing those
will be recovered automatically because the network will buffer them
and hold for some time.

73, Igor UA9CDC
> My club will be using TR on Field Day.
>
> It is my understanding that each computer maintains its own copy of
the log.

> If, for some reason, like a computer crash or someone trips over the
> network cable and yanks it out of a computer, how do we
resynchronize