[Trlog] SBDVP question

Charlie Ocker N9CO at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 09:07:12 EDT 2004

I'm trying to get TR and SBDVP up and running.  Built and tested the
N4ZR "Simplest Sound Card Interface" (tnx, Pete!) and it seems to work
FB.  My question is:

Does using SBDVP with the PTT option (-p1 in my case) preclude full
duplex operation?

I'm getting inconsistent behavior in my test setup.  I have a
SoundBlaster compatable sound card (ASound PCI Express AA-1815).  I have
the BIOS setup for "plug and play", as this system is a dual boot
Linux/DOS.  The sound card appears to configure correctly upon boot
judging by the messages it sends out.

My test setup is using a footswitch for PTT via the mic jack, and TR
controlled PTT via back panel (PTT in parallel).  PTT works fine in CW,
but *sometimes* it works in SSB when playing back DVP messages, and
*sometimes* it doesn't.  Also, after loading DVP messages in TR, exiting
TR, then unloading SBDVP via -u option; I see the DVP messages written
to disk, but when starting TR again (first doing SBDVP -p1), I cannot
play the previously recorded DVP messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks es 73,
Charlie  N9CO