[Trlog] using ICOMs with TRlog

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:56:19 EDT 2004

Jim, VE7FO, gave a good link (http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p2.html) for
those interested in creating a homebrew CI-V interface.  There are also
several commercial solutions that are much cheaper than the CT-17.  Some of
these also include a CW keying option.  I just answered this same question
for a member of our local club so this is current information.

Here are links with pricing to several commercial CT-17 replacements.  Some
of them handle only one radio instead of the multiple radios possible with
the CT-17, but if you only have one radio that may be all you need.  They're
roughly ordered by price and shipping/handling is to the US.

http://n9zle.tripod.com/cable.htm ($26 + $2 S/H)
http://home.comcast.net/~n4vas  ($30 shipped)
http://k1nu.home.comcast.net/k1nu/Products/control.html ($29 + $3 S/H)
http://hosenose.com/detail.asp?product_id=LCU-3  ($36 + $3 S/H)
http://www.junop.de/jnp_iface/jnp_iface_en.htm  (37.50 Euros + ?
S/H)http://home.att.net/~n8st/icom.html  ($40 + $6 S/H)
http://jbiproducts.bizland.com/store/page1.htm (kit $34.95, assembled
$47.50: + $4.50 S/H)
http://www.prolog2k.com/prodserv/riginterface.htm  ($53.95 + $5 S/H)
http://www.g3vfp.org/catoptoifmkii.htm  (£68 + £8 S/H, opto-isolated
versatile unit)
http://members.fortunecity.com/w2eny/single_civ (N/A)
http://members.fortunecity.com/w2eny/civ ($105)

Reviews of some of these can be found on eham.net:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/53

73,
-Mike, N7MH