[Trlog] Problem getting data from 706 to TR

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Fri Jun 25 09:43:33 EDT 2004

Thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I now have my two Icoms working
properly for SO2R.  The band info/freq info goes both ways, I can change
bands from the computer I can change the computer from the radio, I can
switch radios on the logging screen, CW, PTT, etc.

My problem was simply getting dec and hex addresses to match up.

Jim Smith said:

>706 follows commands sent from TR (Alt_V, ALT-B, ALT-M)
>but TR doesn't read the 706 band, freq or mode.

I was having this problem before I got my addresses aligned right, except I
was getting the right frequency dial numbers and nothing else was right.
Now everything works right.

> 706 menu 35 shows CI-V Baud Auto
> 706 menu 36 shows CI-V TRN (Transceive) ON

My configuration has Baud set to 4800 and TRlog also set to 4800 even though
it's the default.

I experimented and it made no difference if I had Icom's transceive switched
OFF or ON.

Best,

Mark, N5OT