[Trlog] Repeated CQ

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Jun 25 21:44:08 EDT 2004

ES5TV replied to G3YXX:

>Quite right! Nice to hear somebody brought it up. I thought that was my
>problem only.
>
>The Alt-C does not work properly in the last versions and it is very
>disturbing, especially in SO2R operation.
>
>What happens is that having set the Alt-Q up and pressing Alt-C after a QSO
>only 1 CQ is sent sometimes and no repetition follows. So have to press ESC
>and try again, sometimes several times. I can see from the screen that when
>no seconds countdown starts the thing is not working.

Interesting.  I use Alt-Q & Alt-C quite a bit in day-to-day operation &
have not
seen anything like that happen - Alt-C restarts the repeating CQ every time.
I use it to increasingly CQ to myself on 6 & 12m.

I've been having problems with ^- (dualing CQs) - it alternates between radios
on code elements: dash on Rig 1, dot on Rig 2, dash on Rig 1, dot on Rig 2
& so on - but in debugging an RFI problem in a new QTH I tried ^- barefoot &
it behaved, so this must have been RF getting into the switch box all along.
I think I'd made a post about it here & not seeing any reply, wasn't sure what
to make of it all.

>And strange thing is that when the countdown does not start but I start to
>enter a callsign right after the Alt-C CQ the callsign is not entered into
>the CALL window but rather into the place where the seconds countdown is
>usually displayed. So you have to push ESC when you notice it and start
>entering the call again into the right place - slowing the pace down a lot.

Definitely haven't seen that with 6.79, DOS 6.22, QEMM something-dot
something & DVPTSR loaded.  In the recent AA CW, I did notice that Alt-Q
wouldn't cancel if I did something I expected would cancel it, but I've
forgotten
what that was.

73, VR2BrettGraham