[Trlog] Simulator question

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 2 01:45:00 EST 2004

Hmm... I thought that you might be using the Sim as it comes out of the
box without a TRMaster.dta file.  I've used the Sim quite a bit, using
databases appropriate to the contest.  I hadn't noticed it getting
Sections wrong but that doesn't mean much because I'm typing like crazy
trying to keep up.  I presume the Section fields in your .dta are filled
in.  If not, I don't think TR sends a substitute.

I just love the Sim.  I sometimes find that 3 hours have gone by while
I'm trying to get the rate past 200 and admiring how fast the score is
mounting up.  It always amazes me how much a stumble or two impacts the
projected rate.

I've been trying to think of ways of generating a UBN so that I can
check the accuracy with which I enter the exchanges.

I try to get anyone who's learning the code to D/L the free version, I
tell them how to set it up and provide a FD TRmaster.  They start off as
slow as they like and, once they aren't getting too many "You got my
call wrong" complaints, they can start to crank it up.  That's how I got
my code speed back after 30 yrs of rusting away.  Actually, it's better
than it ever was.

Anyway, next time I use it (guess that'll be this week for SS) I'll keep
an eye open for wrong sections.  I could even take a TRMaster.asc and
make the contents of all the section fields just the same, convert it to
a .dta and see what Section names come out.  Probably the only way I'd
notice a difference.  Either that or compare the log to the .asc  I'll
try the portable thing too.

I didn't understand the part about having your name in the file.  What file?

73, Jim   VE7FO