[Trlog] Findfast is giving me cw grief

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 9 04:39:41 EST 2004

I have never had a QSD problem with TR until SS CW.  Someone actually
sent me a QSD report.  Lately my computer has taken to running something
called findfast which I presume builds an index on the contents of a
bunch of files.  However, it's really arrogant how it goes about it,
believing that it's more important than some other processes that are
running.  At one point, it stopped TR while in the middle of a dah,
causing me to transmit a steady carrier in a pileup for many seconds.

I can get rid of it (and osa which I think is part of it) by hitting
CTRL-ALT-DEL, scrolling down the list box and ending the task.  However,
after a while, it's back, doing it's self-important busyness.  Can
anyone tell me how to kill this thing so it doesn't come back to life?
Hell, I'd even buy a silver bullet if I knew where to aim the damn thing.

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO