[Trlog] Flashdrive (wasDual-Booting Windows XP and DOS)

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 17:51:39 EST 2004

Hi Paul:

The ".dat" files can't be backed up to the main drive under DOS
unless the main drive has a FAT32 or FAT16 partition.  You can
read NTFS partitions under DOS but can't write them (AFAIK).

Of course, after the contest, you can boot XP and read the files
right off the USB stick.

The bootable USB sticks work fine...I've got DOS running on one
now.  You can still use it normally to move files around, too.
64MBytes (or even 32 MBytes if you can still find one that small)
is more than enough for DOS, a logger and a HUGE log file.

73,

Mark