[Trlog] Flashdrive (wasDual-Booting Windows XP and DOS)

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 20:35:44 EST 2004

Hi Bob:

This isn't a DOS driver issue...it's a BIOS issue.  If the BIOS
is smart enough, the BIOS boots from the USB stick and
mounts it as C:.  DOS doesn't know anything except the
BIOS interface and thinks it's on a hard drive at C:!

You have to be careful if the USB stick is over 2GBytes in
size...use a new version of DOS.  Otherwise, DOS thinks
it's running from a hard disk.  NOTE:  This works on at
least two of my computers.  There are certainly BIOS's
that won't boot USB.

73,

Mark