[Trlog] Thumb drives, DOS and TR

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Nov 10 17:40:13 EST 2004

Stopped in at Staples today and bought a 128 MB Sony thumb drive, on sale
for $14.98 after rebate.  Plugged into my Dell XP Home computer, booted up
on a DOS 7 (Windows 98) floppy, and I now have the functional equivalent of
a DOS partition, with the added  benefit of portability.

I realize that not all BIOSes will recognize all thumb drives, but this was
what I'd call a low-cost experiment, and it works!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to pursue this.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 20 Oct 2004
2796 contest stations at