[Trlog] Bootable USB drive utility

Mark Shaum k9tr at dtnspeed.net
Fri Nov 12 22:00:44 EST 2004

Hi, Mark.  I sent the original post to the TRLog reflector, after
reading the recent interest.  I'll summarize my bios and motherboard
info as soon as I have a chance to get all of the PC's together again
and repost.

Even with a given motherboard, USB boot support can vary.  When I
recently updated the bios on my Asus A7N8X the boot from USB option
disappeared.  Milage varies as usual.  Not critical in this case as the
Asus is the XP "gaming" PC, not used for ham apps.

Mark K9TR
Mark Shaum K9TR
email: k9tr at dtnspeed.net
http://www.qsl.net/k9tr