[Trlog] bootable USB "thumb drive" for XP

PaulKB8N at aol.com PaulKB8N at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 23:34:50 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/14/2004 10:03:37 PM Central Standard Time,
k4xu at bendcable.com writes:

That's what I've been trying to sell - having a USB that IS the
drive  that boots to DOS. No HDD partitioning needed, all the files
you need are  on the USB. I even back up to the USB drive.
TR thinks it is the C: so everything gets put there.I have also
noticed that because the drive is so fast, I don't need EMM386,
SMARTDRV, or anything to make TR function smoothly.
The HDD in the XP  machine never even wakes up. No moving
parts, so to  speak.

Dick,

That is just what I was suggesting when I started the thread a while back,
but I truly lacked knowledge on how to make at happen, you've done a lot of
that, and I think you're on a great path to making this all work!

Paul  Schaffenberger
210-493-6265
210-213-5914(M)