[Trlog] Wish list

Richard Ferch ve3iay at rac.ca
Fri Oct 8 07:28:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 at 20:55:52 -0700, Jim Smith said:

>Converting this to ADIF may take a little programming. However, maybe
>someone has already done it and will tell us how. Maybe it could be done
>in Excel. I don't know enough about the ADIF format to be sure about this part.

Yes, someone already has programmed this. On my web site at
http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/cbr2adif.html are three related programs:

- CBR2ADIF will convert Cabrillo files to ADIF, including .cbr files from POST

- ADIFRFIX will add frequencies from a log.dat file created with LOG
FREQUENCY ENABLE = TRUE to the corresponding ADIF file

- CBRFRFIX will add frequencies from a log.dat file to the corresponding
Cabrillo file

You can use POST - CBR2ADIF - ADIFRFIX or POST - CBRFRFIX - CBR2ADIF to
create ADIF files which include the frequency information (the second
option also puts the frequency information in the Cabrillo file).

As for using Excel to convert to ADIF any ascii file (log.dat, Cabrillo, or
anything else, as long as you can count on all QSOs being recorded in the
same columns), the basic ideas are described at
http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/spreadsh.html . This was written a few years
ago, but the concepts still work fine if you are prepared to do a bit of
programming in Excel.

73,
Rich VE3IAY