[Trlog] FT-920, built in DVR and command strings - help needed

Bruce Ferry bferry at brightdsl.net
Thu Sep 2 13:11:09 EDT 2004

This has been tossed around on the FT920 reflector and the conclusion is
that there is no way to do it. There is just no programming in the 920
to accomplish it.

Hallo,

our club is planning to take part in Region 1 Field Day SSB contest this
weekend, using FT-920 and its built-in digital voice recorder which
ermits up to 16 seconds of prerecorded messages split into six memory
banks (messages). We don't have FT-920 manual at hand, so don't know
whether it is possible to control (play) them via RS-232, same way as we
can choose wide/narrow filters (with command strings embedded into F-key
messages), etc. If someone have list of commands available for FT-920,
particulary for enabling recorded memory banks we would be grateful for
them.

73!  Mirko, S57AD

--
Bruce Ferry, AK8B