[Trlog] POST UEFV

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Jan 12 20:02:44 EST 2005

I've noticed twice now that UEFV (vanity call update routine) has
put calls into my TRMASTER file, even though I tell it no, don't
keep calls from the vanity file not found to begin with in the
TRMASTER file (just seen: K4PV, new call for KQ1Y, no KQ1Y
in original TRMASTER file).

Looking at other calls, I also find one where I do have the
original call, UEFV changes to the new call, but also leaves the
old call in the TRMASTER file (KQ4O, new call K7OM)

B4 UEFV:

KQ4O =C03 =H2
K7OM =C03 =H7 =QWa =W30-Mar-02

After UEFV:

KQ4O =C03 =H2
K7OM =C03 =H8 =OKQ4O =QWa =W30-Mar-02

And I also found where I have both the old & new calls in the
TRMASTER file to begin with & they combine (almost) properly
with UEFV:

B4 UEFV:

WB7AVD =C03 =H2 =W10-Feb-96
W7RY =C03 =H3 =NJIM =QWa =W09-Jan-05

After UEFV:

W7RY =C03 =H5 =NJIM =OWB7AVD =QWa =W09-Jan-05

And not quite so properly in another instance:

B4 UEFV:

WB7DZN =H3 =NGREG =QWa =W09-Mar-97
N7GR =C03 =H14 =I06 =QMt =W27-Nov-04

And after UEFV:

WB7DZN =H3 =NGREG =QWa =W09-Mar-97
N7GR =C03 =H16 =I06 =OWB7DZN =QMt =W27-Nov-04

What was UEFV meant to be doing?  Sometimes it doesn't
appear to see the old call from vanity file in original
TRMASTER file.  And when it does, hits are combined
(though down by two), sometimes the old call is removed
& sometimes it isn't & it looks like other data from the old call
entry is not carried over to the new call entry.

Is this what UEFV was meant to do?  Anybody else see this
happen?  Anybody else even use TRMASTER?  Some ways
back it would have me calling some folks by the wrong name -
maybe this is another subtle hint that real radiomen don't use
SCP functionality?  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham