[Trlog] Anyone tried to run TR-Log under FreeDOS?

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 08:45:18 EST 2005

Good day:

I am trying to get TR-Log running under FreeDOS.  Has
anyone else tried this?  Did you get it to work?

Last night, I tried to run it off of a USB stick booting FreeDOS.
It ran for about 16 QSO's and then hung up.  The first time I
tried it, the log.dat file ended up corrupted.  The second time,
it just hung.  The third time, it seemed to run for 30 QSO's
or so in simulator mode.

Thanks!  I want to use FreeDOS so I can distribute bootable
CD images and people can use them to run DOS from CD
saving the log on a USB stick!  :-)  This would allow using
almost any modern computer for TR-Log (or CT) without
affecting the existing hard drive at all...

My next step is going to be to try OpenDOS, but the license
for it isn't as friendly as FreeDOS...

This appears to work for MS-DOS, but I can't distribute the
CD images.  I do have a procedure for creating a bootable
MS-DOS CD from a Windows machine.  So, using this, you
can boot MS-DOS from a CD without modifying the computer
at all.  If anyone wants the draft to try this, let me know.

73,

Mark, KD4D