[Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data

Ron Rossi kk1l at intergate.com
Wed Mar 23 14:42:07 EST 2005

The "old" Kenwoods are actually quite happy being polled frequently as
long as you look for a response before you poll again. The 6.73 and 6.74
versions would poll at a default rate of 100ms and consistently act on
the data back from the Kenwood (TS-850 in this case). Another poll is
only initiated if data comes back from the rig OR 5 seconds has passed.
This is why the recovery time is faster on those versions...TRLog does
not have quite so many packets of data to process.

If you tune as if you are S&P up the band in a CW contest the freq
display does a good job of keeping up at the fast poll rate.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l at arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont