[Trlog] The annual 1B67LAX Sweepstakes thread

David Hachadorian k6ll at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 4 01:07:16 EST 2005

I was perusing the archives and noticed this thread,
which seems to come up during every SS. If you have
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE, and type a single digit
qso number exchange, such as 1B67LAX, 1B67LAX will be
construed as a callsign, and will not be parsed
correctly. Two workarounds are mentioned below:

--------------------------------------On Fri, 14 Nov
2003 22:46:36 -0600 "Mark Beckwith"
<mark at concertart.com>
writes:
> >I believe it only requires one added space...
between "1B" and
> "67LAX"...
> >e.g.  1B 67LAX, and it'll parse things correctly and
you'll NOT
> lose the
> call. It works fb

if you have:
callsign update enable = false

Thgere's no problem. You just then have to edit callsigns in the
callsign window, instead of typing them in
the exchange window. For me, it's easier to
edit callsigns up there anyway. I usually have
at least a pretty good fragment up there.