[Trlog] Latest Manual

Tod tod at k0to.us
Wed Nov 9 23:17:11 EST 2005

Today I had the on-line PDF Manual printed at the local Staples store. They
did a fantastic job for about $20. High quality paper, spiral bound,
two-sided printing with no bleed through. All in all a superior product.

In spite of that I am 'gently' dissatisfied. My dissatisfaction is with the
size of the printed area of each page.

The image size on each page was slightly reduced when the PDF image was
created. The page center margin is 1.375 inches and the page outside margin
is 1.875 inches when printed. The top margin is 1.25 inches and the bottom
margin is 1.5 inches. The net result is that there is a lot of white space
around the printed area and the print itself is smaller than someone my age
would wish. My best estimate is that there is about 6 % reduction between
the WORD document (I am assuming it started out in WORD) and the PDF images
of the WORD pages.

Opening and using the PDF file on-line is really great because one can jump
to any highlighted entry. If we feel that the size is too small for our
current eyeball state we can simply enlarge it on the screen. But for those
of us who were born before Nixon resigned, paper copy is always the
friendliest format for reference material. As a result, I really wanted a
printed version -- which I got. Now, I want a 106% scaled printed version.
[never satisfied says my XYL once again].

Is the document available from anyone in the basic WORD format which I can
then scale to suit my idiosyncratic requirement? If so, please direct me to
that source.

Tod, K0TO