[Trlog] What Was I Doing....Wrong?

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Dec 11 00:38:08 EST 2006

In the few minutes of breathing room that were available this weekend during
the ARRL 10 Meter contest, I scoured the manual trying to find a command
that I have either set or altered that has affected the callsign dupe check.

I'm using 6.78 and I don't use SCP.

When I am S&P'ing and enter a call in the callsign entry field, I don't
always get the row of similar/same callsigns appearing in the bar below
showing whether the station is a dupe or not a dupe.  Other times, it does
appear, generally after I've entered the callsign or most of it. I can then
ESC to clear it or hit enter to toss out my call.  When it doesn't appear, I
have to hit spacebar after typing in the call before anything appears.
Typically, it ends up being a dupe.

Any idea what's going on?  I don't remember the calls appearing like this
before; it seemed they would always be there and changing as I typed in a
callsign.

73,
Dale, kg5u