[Trlog] What Was I Doing....Wrong?

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Dec 11 13:15:55 EST 2006

Thanks, Tree.

The fun continues...

I just turned on the radio computer and booted TRLog to see what it was I
was seeing and doing.

Here's what the Ctl-J command list says...

SCP Minimum Letters= 0
Partial Call Enable = True
Partial Call Load Log Enable = False
Possible Calls = All
Possible Call Mode = All

In S&P or CQ modes, I type in N5 and I get:
<N5KWN> N5XZ (both of whom are dupes) in the possible call bar
THEN, I finish the call, N5ZK and the possible call bar changes to show:
No Calls Found
THEN, (in S&P mode) I hit enter to call the station and get:
N5ZK DUPE in the call entry field, and
<N5ZC> N5ZK (highlighted as a DUPE) in the possible calls bar

If I go to type in K5NA, at K5 I see
<K5EWJ> K5WA K5ZD in the possible calls bar and all dupes.
At K5N, and K5NA, the bar changes to "No Calls Found".
When I hit Enter, though, I get K5NA DUPE in the call entry field and
<K3NA> K5KA K5MA K5NZ K5SA K5TA K5WA K6NA N5MA in the possible calls field
(some of whom are dupes; others not yet worked)

Is this normal?

Have I been 'seeing' this all along and not noticing?

Why don't all the possible calls show up as I type in K5?

In S&P, if I had seen all the possible calls show up when I typed K5, I
would have seen K5NA highlighted as a DUPE and simply hit ESC to bail out
and go to the next S&P QSO.

I'm not looking for a change or anything--after all, I'm still using 6.79.
I'm just curious as to why I'm suddenly aware of this dichotomy of
presentation of possile calls/dupes.  Why had I not noticed this before...or
why had I not found it bothersome before?  Had I changed something?

73,
Dale, kg5u

.