[Trlog] Possible calls and log editing

Paul Kirley pkirley at fuse.net
Tue Dec 12 19:23:56 EST 2006

KG5U sed:
>  In S&P or CQ modes, I type in N5 and I get:
<N5KWN> N5XZ (both of whom are dupes) in the possible call bar
THEN, I finish the call, N5ZK and the possible call bar changes to show:
No Calls Found
THEN, (in S&P mode) I hit enter to call the station and get:
N5ZK DUPE in the call entry field, and
<N5ZC> N5ZK (highlighted as a DUPE) in the possible calls bar

>  If I go to type in K5NA, at K5 I see
<K5EWJ> K5WA K5ZD in the possible calls bar and all dupes.
At K5N, and K5NA, the bar changes to "No Calls Found".
When I hit Enter, though, I get K5NA DUPE in the call entry field and
<K3NA> K5KA K5MA K5NZ K5SA K5TA K5WA K6NA N5MA in the possible calls field
(some of whom are dupes; others not yet worked)

I saw behavior like this once.  As I recall, it resulted from editing the log.dat file during the contest.  So I now make pencil notes for editing after the contest.

73, Paul W8TM