[Trlog] TR685 available

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Fri Nov 3 18:17:32 EST 2006

> > I haven't yet downloaded 685, but 684 Bandmap CTL-END,
> ENTER only puts
> > the call callsign in the callsign field, but does not move
> the radio.
> > I've tried it with both CTL's and on both my Omni 6's on different
> > bands.  No joy.
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> 685 works fine.
>
> 684 (the last release before 685 and what is still posted)
> works fine, too ... except for the first few times I did the
> Ctrl-End, Enter when it moved the INACTIVE radio.  I could
> never get it to do that again, but maybe that's what's
> happening to you.  In my case, I may have the Alt-D commands
> set wrong in LOGCFG.DAT in my 684 testing.
>
> In 685, I have all three Alt-D commands set to FALSE and all
> the SO2R features seem to work great so far.
>
> 73,
> Ed - W0YK

Thanks for the note, Ed.  However, this wasn't and ALT-D-related operation

The cursor was in the main callsign entry field.  I simply did a ctl-end,
scrolled down to the desired callsign, and pressed <ENTER>.  The call
appeared in the callsign entry field, but the radio was not taken to the
callsign's bandmap frequency.

I tried it on both radios, in CQ mode, in S&P mode, and nothing.

Changing bands (Alt-v/b) works fine.  As does simply typing the frequency
into the empty callsign field.  Also, pushing the band buttons on the radio
changes radio and TR.

I may go back to 6.78....this is an important feature for me because as QRP,
I do a lot of S&P and the bandmap gets a lot of use.