[Trlog] keying glitch

ke5c ke5c at hot.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 16:24:14 EST 2006

make sure you have disabled win98's "indexing service".  i don't remember
how i did this, but you should be able to google it or check the microsoft
knowledge base.  this is not an issue when you boot straight to dos, but it
is if you run in a dos window.  periodically win98 builds quick find indices
of file names, and this can delay other tasks.

73, John

> Can one of the computer gurus out there suggest something that will
prevent my W98 laptop, while operating out of a dos window, from
occasionally hanging for a dash length or so when sending cw. The CW key
is via the LPT port, COM1 is talking to the radio. I'm thinking it's due
to W98 doing something stupid while it's supposed to be doing TR. The
club has three other laptops that do not have this problem so it may be
a W98 setup issue in this computer.
I'm still using v6.79 since I only have one radio connected and do not
use band map or spotting.

Tnx,

Dick  k4xu