[Trlog] CQP and TR 6.82

Fred Jensen k6dgw at foothill.net
Mon Oct 9 19:22:16 EDT 2006

N6A Alpine County Expedition:  When logging Q's at the start of contest
on 20, all went well.  Then 15 was open, and we moved there.  At that
point, anytime we were called by a station that we had already worked on
20, with his call in the call window, pressing enter would send our
exchange, the exchange window would flash briefly, and he would be
logged with a Q# of 1.  Immediately after our exchange was sent, it
would send our QSL msg ("73 N6A TEST").  This problem did not occur with
stations we had not worked before.

We killed the problem by reverting to 6.79.  Figuring a software
problem, I loaded 6.82 and our CTY, .DFG, and .DOM files onto my laptop
and figured I could recreate the problem in my tent trailer when not
operating with no joy.  I messed around with the .CFG parameters some,
but could not get the problem to re-occur.

At this point, we're beginning to think it is not a software problem,
but some issue in the .CFG file we were using.

Anybody seen this?

For full disclosure, we were operating in native DOS with a proven
computer that worked flawlessly (except for a slightly slow clock) for
all 30 hours.  Mine is an XP laptop and I was running TR in a so-called
DOS window.  As expected, the CW was choppy, but I could still not
recreate this problem.

Fred K6DGW/N6A
Seriously cold wx and snow at 8,400' but a great CQP