[Trlog] Icom radios WORK with 6.83 at 4800 baud

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Thu Oct 26 17:14:23 EDT 2006

I just finished testing the band map.
I wasn't able to re-create any of the
on-deck fluttering window or band map
problems that seemed to be present in
6.79.  The band map is (correctly) only
showing the radio being tuned, like it
did once in the past.

I first did a TR READ from last year's
SS log, and it ran the whole contest in
about two minutes without missing a beat.
After loading the program up full of QSO's,
I then populated the band map as fast as I
could with Alt-D. I made numerous calls on
the second radio, trying to simulate furious
S&P activity while CQing on radio one.

It's hard to find problems that only seem to
pop up in the heat of battle. So far however,
I've not been able to break it. The new radio
interface code seems to have really helped a lot.

73

-Kirk  K4RO