[Trlog] TR and Orion II

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Wed Apr 18 13:27:07 EDT 2007

Howdy,

I have a Ten-Tec Orion II running version 2.037 firmware. I'm trying to establish communications to this rig with TR version 6.79 and I'm not having much luck.
Using communication parameters 57600, N, 8, 1 I can talk to the radio using N1MM, Writelog, DX4WIN, and even Hyperterminal but not TR.

My logcfg.dat file has the following lines:

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 57600
RADIO ONE NAME = ORION
RADIO ONE TYPE = ORION

When I start TR I have to cycle power on the Orion and then press a key (actually any key) on the keyboard several times before the frequency is displayed. The frequency will flash momentarily and then disappear. Hitting any key will flash it again. Changing frequency, band, or mode has no effect on TR unless you hit a key on the keyboard. On the other hand, Alt-V, Alt-B, and Alt-M all cause the correct changes to the radio immediately. This happens whether I'm running in a DOS window under Win 98 or or straight DOS.

I'm running out of ideas!

Thanks Steve K0SR