[Trlog] POST is now an excellent reboot utility

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 15:23:46 EDT 2007

Good day, everyone:

I downloaded TR688 for NAQP.  Worked GREAT!  The on-deck call problems are gone and
it didn't crash once!  Thanks, Tree.

I also downloaded POST and the two programs from the web site:  DPMI16BI.OVL and
RTM.EXE.  When I type "POST" it reboots the computer.  This is a Windows98 installation
with BOOTGUI=0 in MSDOS.SYS to boot directly to a C:\> prompt.

Autoexec.bat sets the path and runs smartdrv.  Config.sys loads himem and emm386.
config.sys statements:

stacks=64,512
files=60
buffers=40
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS X=D000-D7FF

This isn't my computer and I just left these statements in config.sys.  I commented out the
other stuff.

Any suggestions?  I'm planning to try a straight MSDOS installation next.

73,

Mark, KD4D