[Trlog] Help Please Windows XP

W6SX Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Fri Jan 12 00:04:20 EST 2007

I have been using TR 6.79 with good success on a Windows 98
computer.  Both Omni VI+ radio interface and CW keying work fine.

I have just put a Windows XP computer in the shack.  The radio
interface works fine, but I can't get CW keying to work.  I use LPT1
on the 98 computer and the LPT1 on the XP computer.  I have KEYER
RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1 in my .cfg file for both
computers.  I switched back to the 98 machine and CW keying still
works so the homemade interface box still "works." Device Manager for
the 98 machine says LPT1 is a standard port.  Device Manager for the
XP machine says LPT1 is ECP.  LPT1 on the XP machine works fine with
a printer.

Any suggestions?

73,

Hank, W6SX