[Trlog] Realtime scoring for TRLog!

Ron Rossi kk1l at arrl.net
Thu Nov 13 14:34:41 EST 2008

Folks,

This is a pre-announcement of relatively simple Realtime Score Posting
for TRLog. I expect to be testing the interface during SS SSB this
weekend. If it can be made generally available by then I will post
another message.

Gerry, W1VE, with very gentle prodding has created a very nice
"universal" Realtime score posting GUI (graphical user interface). In
support of that I have created a program to generate an ASCII summary
from LOG.DAT and LOGCFG.DAT. The program is called RTScore.exe. Gerry's
GUI runs a script automatically and then the summary is processed and
uploaded to the Realtime scores website www.Getscores.ORG.

There is great flexibility in how Gerry has engineered this interface.
The script is fully editable by the user and runs Visual Basic scripting
language. I have a couple sample scripts which require very little
change by each user. They are well commented to make the job as easy as
possible.

The "catch" is (there is always a catch) that the computer running the
GUI must be running Windows XP, Win2000, Vista or the like. There must
be a connection between the TRLog computer and the GetScores computer
for this to work. It is common for most folks that are interested in
posting and watching contest scores for this to be the case. However it
is probably NOT the case for the average TRLog user.

Go here for more information:
http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l/RTUpload/RTScore.htm

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l at arrl.net) <><