[Trlog] Problem with "slowness" in the CQ160 Contest

Doug Freestone dougf at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 6 18:10:19 EST 2009

True, Tor, for the small FF boxes.

e.g. The small form factor Model 8171-xyz has just one PCI slot but despite
the small size has 2 serial, one parallel plus 6 USB-2 ports on the back
plus two more USB-2 on the front.

The "standard" large desktop form factor boxes like the Model 8171-xyz have
the same 6 USB ports and serial/parallel ports and 4 PCI slots for normal
height PCI cards.  There's yet another variation with a mid-size footprint,
low profile case ( e.g. 8303-xyz) but it will take only 3 lo-profile PCI
cards.   Video chipsets vary by model, it seems.   The available
documentation is fairly explicit as to what you get.
--
doug  ve5uf