[Trlog] TR and the MN QSO Party

Paul Kirley pkirley at fuse.net
Tue Feb 10 21:40:29 EST 2009

At 02:41 PM 2/10/09 -0500, Mike Wetzel W9RE wrote:
>the way the program
>worked in the MN party seemed to be completely different then in others for
>me.
>In other parties, like FL I always used K1TO/HEN, K1TO/CLR, K1TO/MIAMI (in
>the callsign window) and had no problem so that is what confused me.

You may have a point about a difference between the MN and the FL programming.

For out-of-state participants, in FCONTEST.PAS I find:
(a) for the MN party
ActiveExchange := NameAndDomesticOrDXQTHExchange;
but
(b) for the FL party
ActiveExchange := RSTDomesticQTHExchange;
Notice the absence of the DX possibility in the FL exchange.  That may cause the difference that you observed.

On the other hand, for in-staters DX is a possibility for both MN and FL--as it should be.  So even if the DX possibility were eliminated for out-of-staters, in-staters would still need some sort of special county treatment for mobiles.

73, Paul W8TM