[Trlog] Trying to install DOS...

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 14:58:54 EST 2009

HI Martin:

FreeDOS certainly works well.  It is not trivial to install on a WindowsXP machine,

though, unless you want to destroy the Windows installation and re-install.  It CAN

be done, by resizing partitions and adding a boot loader.  I wrote up a procedure

that works for FreeDOS or MSDOS which is at:

http://www.k1ea.com/hints/index.htm

Dual Boot "Real" DOS...

Several folks on this list have successfully added DOS to WindowsXP machines

using this procedure.

I recommend using GPARTED from the System Rescue CD now

www.sysresccd.org .

Let me know if you have any questions or want more information!

73,

Mark, KD4D