[Trlog] FT1000MP won't talk to computer

paul at paul-hicks.ca paul at paul-hicks.ca
Fri Feb 13 13:11:30 EST 2009

IT'S WORKING!

I went down to the local Source and bought a new db9 cable, a signal
checker to find out if there was anything coming out of the FT1000MP,
and a wireless usb adaptor so I can get the sucker on the Internet.
Cleverly, I connected the new cable from radio to the box and it
works perfectly. Shoulda done that 3 days ago. I'll be returning the
signal checker.

CU in the contests!

Paul.
ve3zt

Hi Tree, thanks for suggestion, but I tried telling it that is was
serial port 1, without success.

If no other suggestions I'll get another cable tomorrow and try in
case it's defective.

Paul.

At 04:26 PM 2/12/2009, you wrote:

2

>On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:17:08PM -0500, paul at paul-hicks.ca wrote:
>''''''''''''> Hi again...
> >
> > I have the radio connected from CAT connector to serial port 1 on computer.
> >
> > Using parallel port to interface with radio for cw. Works fine.
> >
> > Am starting from scratch, so don't have a config file that I know
> > works. As stated above, the rig keys cw fine via TRLog.
> >
> > Have statement in config file that radio = FT1000MP. Do I have to set
> > anything else in the config file so that data goes back and forth?
>
>Need to tell it which serial port you are using?
>
>Tree

>http://www.eset.com

If you are interested in staying on the evening of April 6th as well,
we would be willing to give you the Loft Suite on the Friday evening
for an additional $74.00.