[Trlog] TR failed to credit HQ mult

Robert Brandon rb at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 14 11:32:18 PDT 2009

I noticed an interesting use case that resulted in TR 6.93 failing to credit
me with a multiplier.

Apparently, TR logs the zone in one column and the HQ info in a different
column.  Notice the difference in how these two QSOs were logged:

15CW  12-Jul-09 23:11 1102B JA0FVU       599  599  45                     5$
15CW  12-Jul-09 23:16 1103B JA1TRC       599  599      r3        r3       1$

I worked JA1TRC on 80 later, and initially botched the call so that the
default exchange of 45 was filled in.  I corrected the call (but didn't
Alt-Z) and logged the QSO.  Then realized I needed to change the exchange,
so I did Arrow Up and changed it.  It appeared in the DAT file like this:

80CW  13-Jul-09 11:41 2016B JA1TRC       599  599  R3                     5

When logged that way, I didn't get credit for the mult.

This is pretty esoteric, but I thought it might be of interest to some.  The
good news for me is that this moves me up a notch in the claimed scores.
:-)

Robert K5PI