[Trlog] TR Lock up?

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Mon Nov 9 11:11:09 PST 2009

> I used TR this past weekend and right toward the end I did
> something to cause the program to mal function.  I think this
> was brought up before but I can't remember how to fix it
> unless you reboot (which is ok because it only
> takes about 10 seconds).   When calling "CQ" and answering a
> station the s/w
> sends the call of the answering station and then just hangs
> in transmit!
> Had to be a key series sequence that I hit by mistake, any
> help?  I know I can't recreate it.

Mike, although this didn't happen to me his weekend, it has happened once or
twice in the past.  Like you, I have no clue as to what I may have done on
the keyboard to cause it.  I suspect it is a rare timing issue that will be
hard to find and fix because we can't characterize the precise keystrokes,
and other data, leading up to it.

In a similar vein, TR-Log did a temporary lock-up for me during CW SS.  I
had botched something in the exchange and hit backspace to fix it.  The
program locked up with the call sign wiped from its window and the botched
exchange instead copied into the Call Window.  I was frantically hitting
keys, mostly ESC, and was about to pull the power cord on the PC, when the
software started responding.  I had to wipe the windows and start over with
the information.  The lock-out was about 10-15 seconds which is an eternity
in a contest and you're trying to retain the other station with a separate
paddle/keyer.

> Other then this had no problems and Tree even gave me #80 (NWT).

Not only did Tree give me NT for #80, but he did so literally five seconds
before I shutdown at 20Z Sunday!  That's beyond luck.

Ed - W0YK