[Trlog] No data from CAT to computer...

Paul Kirley pkirley at fuse.net
Fri Apr 16 13:10:41 PDT 2010

I use MS-DOS 6.22--not FreeDOS--on my logging machine, so I can only make a general suggestion:  I suggest that you check FreeDOS help for the MODE command, which is what MS-DOS uses to configure ports.

When I belatedly got a computer-controllable radio in 2008, I had to add the following line to my MS-DOS AUTOEXEC.BAT file:
mode com1 48, N, 8, 1

In MS-DOS 6.22, explanations can be found with the command:
help mode (configure serial port)

I hope that you have success.  I also prefer to use DOS because it starts so quickly compared to bloated GUI systems.  I take lots of breaks during some events, and like to be able to restart rather than leaving things running.

73, Paul W8TM