[Trlog] TR 700 issue

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Fri Dec 17 07:07:36 PST 2010

Ed, K6CTA, wrote:
> I tried fooling around with that file with no luck. What
> exactly does your file have in it?

I just now went into my CONFIG.SYS file and edited the EMM386 statement
where I had a parameter "noems" which I deleted.  I left everything else the
same, mostly because I don't recall what any of the statements and their
parameters mean any more.  TR-Log then ran fine and in the upper right-hand
corner it shows over 45 MEGABYTES of available memory!

Based on Tree's suggestion, I'm guessing that "noems" means "no extended
memory" and so deleting that parameter tells EMM386 (the DOS memory manager,
I believe) to setup extended memory which is what "protected mode" (whatever
THAT means!) to work.

Ed - W0YK