[Trlog] Version 7.0 and DOS 6.22

Paul Kirley pkirley at fuse.net
Sun Jan 9 14:46:05 PST 2011

I am sorry to report that I must join the ranks of those who have experienced runtime errors with version 7.0 under DOS 6.22.  With EMS enabled, I had previously tried 7.0 successfully in CQ mode imaginary "QSOs," but real S&P proved to be a problem.

My crashes came on CW, at the point where the CQer had finished sending his exchange and I was starting to reply with my S&P data.  In two separate busted QSOs, the computer crashed key down at that point with a runtime error.

There must be something different about running version 7.0 in a Win98 DOS box.

As my logging machine has only DOS, I have reverted to 6.96 to avoid the crashes.

73, Paul W8TM