[Trlog] Packet issues

Michael Gulbranson wg0m at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 05:44:13 PST 2011

Hi All:

I need help getting packet working again.  I am running 6.79.  I just set up
a new box that has dual boot capabilities; XP and DOS.  I am migrating from
a W98 box that I have used for more than 12 years.  TR, WL and DX4WIN all
worked great.

For some reason packet works just great (either comm port 1 or 3) with
DX4WIN and WL, but not TR.  (I realize WinTelnetX is an option here)

When I  do a ctnl-b I don't see my normal packet stuff.  However when I
cycle my KPC 3+,   I do get some text but nothing that makes sense.  It
confirms I have my packet config setup file has the port number correct.  I
have a Byterunner 4- comm. Port card installed.  An interesting thing is I
get the same text in TR if I use the computer (1) comm. Port or if I use
port 3 on the Byterunner card.  Both have 03F8 as addresses but different
IRQ; 4 and 5.

I would like to get packet running if at all possible, but will consider
WinTelnetX as an option...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
 <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html> Thomas
Paine