[Trlog] Linux TR version 0.37 available
w9cf at arrl.net
Sun Dec 7 12:33:30 EST 2014
Release 0.37 of TR for linux is available at <http://kkn.net/trlinux/>
Here are the release notes for the last few versions
73 Kevin w9cf
- Added a post option under utilities U then Y to download a new CTY.DAT
file from http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty.dat which should make
it a little easier to stay up to date. This uses libcurl which is a
standard linux library.
- Fixed bug where the display flashed/flickered like mad when a rig was
tuned to a duped band map entry. This bug was in the original DOS version.
- Included call to ask for low latency for USB serial ports. This may already
be the driver default, but if not, it should make FTDI chips more responsive.
- Fixed bug where sound files were not being closed after playing.
- Made shifted alt keys the same as alt, etc. Caps lock can be used without
causing the alt keys to stop working.
- With this version I have changed the compilation environment. Previous
32 bit versions were compiled on a Slackware 13.37 machine, and the 64
bit versions on a cinnamon Mint machine. For binary compatibility the
code must be compiled using shared libraries at least as old as the
oldest versions on a user's machine. Since both of these installations
were getting out of date for actual operating system use, I have changed
to compiling on chroot installations (and therefore with libraries)
of Slackware 13.37 for both 32 and 64 bit versions. The compilation
machine is running Slackware current. This automates the production
of both versions from the git source archive, and should make it
easier to make future releases. Please let me know if you find binary
- Added Classic overlay to post.
- Added ptt when playing dvp files. Enable with ptt enable = true as in cw.
More information about the Trlog