[Trlog] Linux version on ARM processors

w9cf at arrl.net w9cf at arrl.net
Mon Aug 30 17:53:53 EDT 2021

Sorry I'm so late in answering. I have now slightly rearranged the source
code to work with both x86 and Arm compilations.

The readme.md file on github <https://github.com/trlinux/> gives some
basic instructions on compiling trlinux for any system.  I include the
commands I used to build on a Raspberry Pi Zero W starting just after
getting a command line prompt using Raspberry Pi OS loaded on a blank
SD card.

I have also built cross compilers for the Pi 4 (but not the Pi Zero W)
and successfully built code that ran on the PI 4 using my slackware
x86_64 shack computer.

I may be able to make automatic builds for both x86 and Arm architectures
on my x86 shack computer, but it would really be much much better if all
users either compiled from source or someone put together packages for
various distributions. The probability of using the same libraries that I
compiled against is tiny. This is especially true for Arm architectures
where there are also soft float and hard float versions as well as 32
and 64 bit. Using the tar ball binary releases increases the likelihood
of additional bugs.

73 Kevin w9cf