[Trlog] TRlog-Linux 0.52 Radio Settings for TCI support question

w9cf at arrl.net w9cf at arrl.net
Sun Jul 10 22:22:58 EDT 2022

Carlin,
Could you try the following and report the results. This will help
me know where the problem occurs.

First without running trlog:
1. start the tciadapter software on port 4532.
2. In a terminal at the command line type
ncat 127.0.0.1 -p 4532
Then in that same terminal (i.e. as standard input to ncat) type
followed by an enter

3. ncat should respond with something like

get_freq:|Frequency: 14028064|RPRT 0

where the number is the frequency in Hertz.

If this works as expected:
1. Be sure to remove the lines
RADIO ONE TYPE = TS-480
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL /dev/tnt1
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 57600
2. Have the only RADIO ONE line as
RADIO ONE TYPE = rigctld;4532;/dev/ttyTS590sg_a;2037;115200;38;timeout=500;
or equivalent.
3. Start tciadapter
4. Be sure to start trlog with the PATH environment before the command
PATH=`pwd`:$PATH trlog
5. If this isn't working, stop tciadapter, and restart trlog
6. Then in  a terminal run
ncat -l  127.0.0.1 4532
and you should see the trlog queries.

Let me know where this fails.