[Trlog] YCCC SO2R box?

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Thu May 26 15:19:09 EDT 2022

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 08:28:54PM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> The YCCC SO2R seems to be tightly bound to Micro$oft Windoze. True?

No.

W9CF wrote code to control it directly from trlinux.

I have been using it for years and it works very well.

I think on windows you have to run a program inbetween the box and your logging progam.

No need for that with trlinux.

http://k1xm.org/SO2R/

Tree is using a slightly differnet SO2R box with his own firmware running on it:

https://nn1c.org/so2r/

It is based on an Arduino - so loading new firmware to it is easy.

Instead of the firmware that comes on it - Tree wrote his own keyer code and SO2R controlling code.

So now there are to options for off the shelf SO2R boxes for trlinux

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr